Sunday, December 12, 2010

Persimmon Bread For Days!


I am STOKED on baking this Persimmon Bread last night. I've eaten 5-7 pieces in less than 24 hours.  It has some qualities of bread pudding because of the gushy ingredients ( afraid to burn it so I didn't bake it too long + oil substitute) but is sweet, crunchy, and chewy at the same time.  I halved the recipe to make one loaf and substituted ingredients to my liking.  The flavor is a persimmon-nutmeg-mango-pecan explosion! Here's what I changed:
-#1 3/4 cup olive oil instead of 1 cup butter
-Whole Wheat Flour
-Whole Unrefined Cane sugar
-Vodka instead of whiskey/cognac/bourbon (my house has no alcohol but wine basically) although next time i'm just skipping this ingredient b/c I can't taste it and there's enough liquids in the recipe already once you sub oil in
-Dried Mango for the dried fruit
-Pecans for the nuts


Enjoyed a slice for breakfast, accompanied by a Persimmon, yogurt, and some Ginger Tea made from fresh minced ginger + sweetened w/ Stevia.  #2 Mixing yogurt and any quick bread is officially like using healthy frosting, delicious. I had another slice later to go with some Fluid Recovery post ride.
Monster Salad Mashup
Threw together some leftovers to make a monster salad bowl.  #3 Skeptical about mixing in the rice at first, but it was totally worth it.
-Brown Rice
-Lettuce, tomato, cucumber, red pepper
-Shredded Carrot, Garbanzo Beans, Sunflower Seeds, Pistachios
-Lemon, Olive Oil, Rice Wine Vinegar, Sesame Seed Oil Dressing, Salt n' Pepper

Went to Sushi 69 in San Anselmo with the fam for dinner.  I'd never been before, and am officially a big fan. Quiet, high quality, nice atmosphere, original dishes, and really close to my house.  I reccomend the veggie miso soup, seaweed trio salad, and Hiro Roll.  Wins all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...