Thursday, February 17, 2011

Teriyaki Throwback, Big Sur Bar, Cardamom Tricks

Grilled Ginger Teriyaki Chicken Salad
I know that when I'm looking forward to writing about a meal, it was truly good, especially by my high standards. Haven't had my Mom's Teriyaki Chicken in way too long, so I decided to grill some up to go with a Salad and Brown Rice.  I mainly wanted to make it super tasty without relying on a large amount of sugary teriyaki sauce like most teriyaki bowls/dishes do, so I went kind of crazy adding plenty additional ingredients, and I could taste little hints of them all, every bite highlighting a different epic taste.  I also threw together a random combo of similar flavors for a salad dressing, which turned out nicely as well.  Sake, Ginger, and Garlic were probably the best ingredients that came through in both the dressing and the chicken! #1 First time cooking with Sake and definitely not the last.
-Chicken Breast and Green Beans, grilled in Teriyaki Sauce, Sake, Garlic, Ginger, Garlic Powder, Soy Sauce, Gomasio, Agave Nectar
-Romaine Lettuce, Carrot, Tomato, Red Onion, Avocado
-Rice Wine Vinegar, Gomasio, Garlic, Ginger Powder, Sake, Olive Oil, Soy Sauce

As you probably saw before, I discovered Big Sur Bars in Tahoe and was so satisfied. They are like big yummy granola bars combined with a cookie.  I liked them so much I contacted the company and they decided to send me a sample pack to test and review! Dessert from today's lunch was my first time with the Orginal flavor, and I was not let down at all.  Imagine a delicious Blondie shaking hands with a Pecan Pie and a Coconut Granola bar at the same time.  With some tasty semi-sweet chocolate morsels and raisins which, combined with the brown sugar, make for a butterscotchy flavor! I am definitely sensing a reoccuring theme in my life of being obsessed with butterscotch... Careful though, these bars aren't quite guilt free, and it's soo hard to eat just half because they taste so good! All real natural ingredients of course.
Leftover
Dinner was so good I didn't change much when I enjoyed all the leftovers for lunch. #2 Just mixed the Wasabi Mustard and Tahini together this time for a bit of oil free dressing and then added a bit of turkey for some more protein.  Another succesful Wasabi-Mustard-Sesame plate of crunchy vegetables!
-Purple Cabbage, Sesame Garlic Lemon Kale Tofu Saute, Mustard Lemon Grilled B Sprouts


-Tahini, Wasabi Mustard
-Pastrami Turkey


Cardamom Party
#3 I got some cardamom powder from Gathering Thyme yesterday and was amped to use it. I love using cardamom pods but have to heat them to release the flavor, so having the powder also is sweet.  It totally went with the strawberries, kind of reminded me of cotton candy.  I think it goes even better combined with vanilla and cinnamon though. Overnight oats with cardamom-berry-almond theme.  All the soymilk mixed with my spices kind of made me feel like I was having a Christmas spiced Latte of some kind and I loved it. Makes me want to go have a Peppermint or Gingerbread spiced Chai right now.
-1/2 cup oats, 1 cup soy milk, 3 drops stevia
-Cardamom powder, Pinch of Nutmeg, Pinch of Cloves
-Blueberries Strawberries Almonds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...