Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Sweet Potato for Days

Sardines sound gross but 1 can=convenient healthy protein for one, packed with omega 3's/calcium! You sort of become accustomed to the taste. My classic tahini mixture along with sauteed kale gone stir fry.
Pop the sweet potato in the oven and saute the kale with garlic/lemon/olive oil and then added the other ingredients to turn into a stir fry. Some favorite ingredients in this one all around:
  • Sweet Potato
  • Tahini, Ginger Juice, Reduced Sodium Temari, Lemon, Water
  • Garlic Hummus
  • Kale, Olive Oil, Garlic, Lemon, Carrot, Sardines, Olives
Making a batch of sweet potatoes as usual leads to some damn quick but mighty breakfasts.
Blueberries actually go with sweet potato amazingly! Trust me.  And yes that is purple skin with yellow flesh: A Japanese Sweet Potato. They rule butt. Sweeter once refrigerated and slightly chestnutty/flowery. It's quite hard to describe the difference but I am definitely a big fan. I used a little All spice on part and also had some ready to go hard boiled egg whites w/ Avo and Matcha Salt too accompany. Such a good savory protein/fat combo at breakfast.
More sweet potato breakfasts! This one was a real pleasant surprise. I could eat this combo all die. Grains, even granola, are just lame in comparison. Yeah, I just went there.
All mixed up, it's so sweet all around with some nuttiness and all the best textures. Reminds me of cotton candy for some reason.
  • 1/2 Sweet Potato
  • 120g Plain Coconut Yogurt
  • 1 Scoop Tera's Bourbon Vanilla Whey
  • 1 spoon More AB
  • Blueberries
  • Pinch of Allspice (optional, i'm out of cinnamon!)
I think the yogurt combo sans sweet potato may become my go to dessert/after dinner snack. Amazing.
One more thing foreshadowing of things to come: Chocolate Chip Pecan Vegan Oatmeal Cookie from the Farmer's Market.  I wanted to give it a shot so I got the last one. It's vegan via avocado instead of butter/eggs, and my god that's genius! Surprised I haven't tried or come across it yet. Can't wait for my own.

Have you ever used avocado for baking?
Does anyone else pretty much always get to eat their favorite foods or am I just special (i.e. sweet potatoes)?

1 comment:

  1. Recently I've been loving my oats mixed with sweet potato, tahini, blueberries, peanut flour, and spices. So delicious! This post reminded me of the flavor combination.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...