Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Fun Don't Stop: Peppermint Bark, No Bake Bars, Fish Tacos, Curry Curry!

Wow, this post is jam packed! I wish I didn't have to ever go to school so I could always make things this epic.
First Time Curry
Made a Curry for the first time and it was pretty tasty.  Just need to get my spice combo dialed.  Lots of Garam Masala is my method as of right now. I also used tempeh for the first time and was quite pleased, it's apparently much healthier than tofu!  Everything ended up mixing together on my plate and it was epic! #1 Coconut milk is the key to curry.
-Curry Paste, Cumin, Curry Powder, Garam Masala
-Coconut milk, water
-Cucumber, mushrooms, onion, tempeh
-Garlic Parsley Roasted Butternut Squash, Brown Rice, and Spinach/Arugula
 Peppermint bark is one of my favorite Christmas time treats, and I finally tried making it on my own. I don't like white or milk chocolate very much and love the peppermint factor, so am never really satisfied with the standard Ghiradelli or William Sonoma.  I used this recipe with only dark chocolate chips, and liberal amount of peppermint. It turned out delicious. Much better than expected (I thought it would just be like dark chocolate with peppermint pieces, but it's so much more).
 Made a batch of No Bake Bars last Night also
I am so happy with this recipe now. I don't need any changes. They have perfect taste and texture, and are really healthy!
-4 scoops Bourbon Vanilla Whey
-2 Cups Oats, 1/2 C Almond Butter
-1 Cup Cranberries, 1 C sliced Almonds
-2 Capfulls of Maple Syrup, 2 Tbsp Vanilla, 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
Tilapia Burrito
Busted out the Lemon Pepper Tilapia leftovers from last night and revised it into a Mexican themed burrito and salad.  Would of been Fish Tacos, but I only had large tortillas.  #2 A little salsa, garlic, and cilantro transforms a meal!
-Wheat tortilla, Brown Rice, Tilapia
-Avo/Tomato, Purple Onion
-Salsa, Lemon, Cilantro, Sea Salt
-Salad w/ Lemon, Garlic, Olive Oil, Ground Pepper, and Cilantro for dressing
New Recovery Mix
 Ran out of fluid recovery, so I now I get to use my favorite Gu Brew Strawberry Watermelon!  I went with the following smoothie combo, which was basically a nice fruity possibly tropical combo:
-Gu Brew
-1/2 Banana
-1 Kiwi
-Ice
-OJ
Pre Ride Decadence
Needed a quick breakfast before my big road ride, and felt like something extra sweet and delicious.  Galaxy Granola with lots o' sweet ingredients, especially SOME OF MY NEW PEPPERMINT BARK I MADE LAST NIGHT!  It was a great addition to the party bowl of a breakfast.
-Hazelnuts, Flax Meal
-Yogurt, Blueberries, Raspberries
-Agave Nectar, Cinnamon
-Peppermint Bark


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...