Thursday, March 24, 2011

My All Time Best Overnight Oats-Coconut Infused, Rainy Day Soup, Garlic Herb Rice Dish Dinner

 Garlic Herb Tofu-Chard Rice Dish (mixed up)
I was going for a Cafe Del Sol inspired rice dish, and it came out quite nicely. Had some Rainbow Chard that needed to go, and then went with all the best herb related ingredients to mix in. Browned the tofu in herbs and olive oil and then added chard and some chicken broth to simmer until wilted. So many delicious flavors and ingredients! #1 Olives and Sun Dried Tomatoes are the best, especially paired with thyme, garlic, and hummus.
-Garlic Herb Tofu-Chard (Thyme, Tarragon, Parsley, Pepper, Garlic)
-SooFoo Brown Rice Mix (lentils and such)
-Steamed Rosemary Carrots
-Heirloom Tomato, Almonds, Olives, Cilantro, Green Onion
-Spinach Artichoke Hummus, Sundried Tomato
Unmixed!
Rainy Soup and Salad
 #2 Have to have soup on such a rainy day! It was raining so hard on my way home I picked up some Vegan Celery Soup w/ Parsley from Table Cafe, which didn't sound that amazing but I knew it would be good since everything they do is delicious.  I threw together a salad with some leftovers and Sweet Tahini Dressing and it all mixed up quite nicely (of course I tried everything in and out of the soup). The beans went the best. I love tahini dressings!
-Table Cafe Celery Soup w/ Parsley
-Brown Rice and Black Bean/Chicken Leftovers
-Salad w/ Heirloom Tomato, Plantain, Cilantro, Green Onion, Tahini Dressing
   -Tahini, Home Juiced Green Apple Juice
 Coconut Infused Oatmeal!!!
  Remember when I hinted at some Coconut-Infused Oatmeal? I'm SO GLAD I wasn't kidding! Probably the best overnight oats yet! No additional honey/maple/agave/stevia sweetener necessary, just the perfect amount of natural sugar from all the Delicious Coconut Kefir, fresh and dried fruit.  A crazy blend of coconut flavor, moist nuggets of dried fruit, crunchy nutty brazil nuts, mushy oats, and a mix of other sweet complimentary flavors from the different fruits. 
    This easily makes making Coconut Kefir worth doing a million more times. I could tell even just the coconut kefir and oats combo complimented each other amazingly.  The sweetness and combination of all the flavors left me experiencing a bomb lychee flavor too. 
  #3 I accompanied this epic bowl with some Indian Tulsi Rose Tea w/ 1/2 scoop of Vanilla Plant Protein to get an extra 10 grams. I'm definitely going to repeat this as well as it turns tea into a nice Latté without milk and with some protein. Oh yeah, and that second "kombucha" bottle isn't extra tea (the other one is the protein tea), it's my own Kombucha Brew, labeled "P" for pomegranate! My first taste today and I am almost as stoked on it as I am on these oats. I didn't brew it too strong, so it tastes like delicious Black Tea Pomegranate Soda! With a hint of Kombucha.
-65g oats, 200g Coconut Kefir (or 1/4" above the oats initially)
-5 Brazil Nuts, Chopped
-Shredded Coconut, Dried Mango, Dried Pineapple
-Strawberry/Blueberries

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...