Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Forgotten Lemon Vanilla, Plant Protein, Free Sushi, Basil Soba Tips

Went for the Sun Dried Tomato Basil Pesto Soba Noodles again!  Slightly different ingredients available, partially for the better and partially for the worse.  I wish I had the Basil Pesto Sauce from the Farmer's Market and some Fresh Basil to use, or at least some tomato paste to make it more saucy, #1 but the Nutritional Yeast is officially cool and it all tasted amazing anyway. It's a little salty, cheesy, and packed with protein and essential B vitamins! Like Parmesan only healthier. Pine nuts were also awesome and better than sun flower seeds. Some of the Balsamic from the salad merged into the noodles which was really good as well. Although I like tempeh more than tofu, I think tofu goes better with noodles because it's so much softer and seemingly easier to eat more of/digest. Can't get enough Sun Dried Tomato or Olives.
-Buckwheat Soba Noodles
   -Saute 1/2 white onion, garlic, tempeh, plenty o' dried basil, olive oil, pine nuts,
   -Sun Dried Tomato, Olives, and Nutritional Yeast (some Sea Salt)
-Salad Mix with  basic Balsamic and Olive Oil, and Nutritional Yeast!
A Pleasant Surprise
     I was stoked to score some free Sushi of my favorite kind (as far as super markets go) at lunch today! Woodlands Vegetarian Brown Rice. Sweet carrots and yummy avocado plus healthy nutty brown rice with sesame seeds and of course, sushi ginger. I can eat sushi ginger like ice cream.  Oh yeah, then there was my self prepped lunch which was delicious as well. Some lefty's thrown together.
-Salad Mix w/ Olives, Carrots and Cucumber topped with Balsamic
-Sliced Meyer Lemon Chicken breast with Hummus
-Spinach Bolani to wrap/dip with!
-
Why did I not think of this before?
Vanilla Lemon is a classic flavor combo, not sure how I only applied it to my breakfast now.  With a splash of almond theme, and of course I couldn't hold back and keep it simple so I had to keep adding yummies, mainly for the texture/chew factor.  #2 The new Vanilla Plant Protein I got is awesome. It doesn't have a distinct over powering flavor like rice protein, and still mixes it up from whey or soy (I just use yogurt or soymilk at breakfast for these proteins). I still prefer to not use supplements in meals, but it's convenient when I want to mix it up and need the protein every once in a while (avoiding too much soy/whey).
-1/2c oats, 3/4c Almond Milk, 1 scoop Vanilla Plant Protein, Vanilla Extract
-A little Lemon Juice, Buddha's Hand Zest, Coconut Flakes
-Berries (Gush), Almonds (Crunch), and Dried Mango (Chew)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...