Thursday, July 28, 2011

Whistler II Home-Mades and More of the Best Ice Cream/Cookies/Burgers

It's so easy to make an awesome creation at Splitz Grill.  I was bummed at first at the no longer avialable gluten free bread, but the wheat wrap slightly toasted actually ended up being delicious.
I got:
  • Spicy Lentil Burger
  • Baba Ghanoush
  • Hummus
  • Sprouts
  • Cucumber
  • Tomato
  • Peppers 
  • Onion
  • Relish
A total Med theme.  Just a bit spicy, it definitely tastes like a burger with just a hint of garden that matches the sprouts. The best additions are the sweet and creamy ones to tame the spice, and the banana peppers were surely too spicy for me, at least on top of the burger.
 The Fuji Market is the best Japanese market ever! Inexpensive freshly made sushi/other foods and more Japanese groceries/items than any other market I've been to. Even than Japan town. I go on the regular.
Another Massive Cookie
There was one Apple Pecan Oatmeal Cookie left so I had to give it a try.  Pecan goes with the roastedness of the oats so well! And there were plenty of them (places often hold back). No chocolate chips and not as sweet as the other cookies.  Combine that with the dense mushiness added by the apple (less airy) and it reminded me of a delicious muffin. It would be even better with a kick of cinnamon! 
The only time i've eaten dairy ice cream in over two years! It's that good.  Cow's only.  At first I wasn't used to it (too sweet/creamy) and didn't care for the taste, but then harniced the flavors. 1 split single scoop in a waffle bowl.
  • 1/2 Messie Bessie 
    • Chocolate Ice Cream, Moo Crunch, Oreo Cookie, English Toffee
  • 1/2 Half Gooey Mooey
    • Burnt Sugar Ice Cream (Vanilla+Toffee), English Toffee Marble, Caramel Cups, Chocolate Flakes
    The burnt sugar ice cream tasted like yummy brown sugar or roasted maple syrup, caramelized and delicious. Which of course went with all the carmel and toffee elements.  The on the spot made waffle cones definitely taste like almond oil is a key ingredient and I love it. I could easily go in and buy just the cones. They use all real high quality ingredients and you can tell. The vanilla was epic. I was wishing for more cookies though (my true weakness).
   Unfortunately I found that I still can't digest milk or straight dairy well, only yogurt. I felt this ice cream in my stomach for almos 3 hours!  I also hate the taste of butter since I'm not used to it anymore, and could also taste it/cream on my lips for the rest of the night. Not my favorite feeling, but the ice cream was damn good.
 I went for a turkey burger this time, which is different from the buffalo burger but just as good if your in the mood for it. Also non-corn-fed from B.C.!  I did a sort of sweet spicy Mexi theme
  • Turkey Burger
  • Grilled Pineapple
  • Baba Ghanoush
  • Salsa
  • Guacamole
  • Tomato
  • Onion
  • Pickle
  • Dijon Mustard
  • Cracked pepper 
  • Wheat Wrap
The pineapple, pickles and salsa (little spicy) go so well together along with a bit of onion and then some vegginess from sprouts (my favorite sort of rare burger/sandwich topping).  Gotta have the delicious garlic and roastiness from their epic baba ghanoush as well.
I of course need to get my veggies in and threw lots of salads like this together in the room.  Nothing with real prep or complex ingredients. I dress with lemon mostly because it's not worth buying a whole container of olive oil I know I won't finish!
  • Sugar Snap Peas
  • Tomato
  • Mixed Romaine Lettuce
  • Sunflower/Pumpkin Seeds
  • Kimchee from the Fuji Market 
  • Lemon
Another similar salad, except with these additions:
  • Avocado
  • Corn
  • Spring Mix instead of Romaine
  • Cucumber
  • Hummus
And the main items were Baked Sweet Potato w/ Greek Yogurt of course and some deli turkey breast. Simple and delicious. Hotel room dining at it's finest.
This is where I could almost say I got tricky. No cooked chicken breast at the market = how to cook chicken without buying oil? I used some kimchee and the liquid from the container it comes in with a bit of extra water and sort of sautéed/broiled the breasts in it. Flavor and spice in one simple ingredient (sort of)! Enjoyed with a sweet potato/hummus and another basic lemon salad. The kimchee tasted even better (more sweet/less spicy) after it got cooked with the chicken.
The usual Bungalow Munch Breakfasts! Easy on the go fosho.
The additions I had were generally:
  • Blueberries
  • Almonds/Sunflower Seeds/Extra Cashews/Pumpkin Seeds
  • Dried Cranberries
  • Dates
  • Crystalized Ginger/Pineapple
  • Dark Chocolate!
With Almond Milk every time! This last one was pre race!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...