Thursday, November 4, 2010

Becoming a Specialty?

I think this dinner may start to become my specialty. Or maybe it's just the only sophisticated thing I know how to make...?
Dessert: Fresh Carrot Juice

Pictures Don't Do Justice To Taste
Made my Chicken Tagine Wanna Be (since I am still yet to get one).  Brown the outside a little bit of boneless skinless thighs in a pan with olive oil and spices (ground carraway seed, garlic salt, curry powder) and some garlic.  In your other pan (wok for me, should be tagine), start to saute onion, mushroom, green onion, chives, lots of lemon, garlic, and some more of the same spice mixture.  Then add the chicken, some almonds and cover, simmering for 30-45min.  Top with Cilantro.
Accompanied by:
-Broccoli w/ hummus
-Baked Sweet Potato
-Mixed Greens, Avocado, Grated Carrot, Slicer Tomato Salad
   - Dressed with Asian Sesame Vinaigrette (rice vinegar, olive oil, sesame oil, lemon)

 COOKING CLUB
Enjoyed lunch with the cooking club.  I brought some Herbal Orange Blossom Iced Tea with Lemon sweetened with Stevia which made it quite tasty.  My plate is filled with leftovers from last night (lentil/3 bean soup and salad), along with rice pilaf, Zander's "The Mixture" (sauteed vegetable ragot/soup), and some of Mrs Schrick's Caprese Salad.
Last of the Batch (beautiful RHS parking lot backdrop)
The end of the Apple Banana Vanilla Cinnamon Oatmeal topped with cranberries, almonds, blueberries, and soy yogurt (not pictured).  with an herbal chai!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...