Friday, November 19, 2010

Signature Meal and Another Great Veggie Burger!

I know this is a lot to handle, but try not to get too hungry reading it!
 LYDIA'S KITCHEN
Got to try out the newly reopened Lydia's Kitchen in Fairfax. It's awesome.  This is my final veggie burger on the quest (in my area) and it matches the sunflower cafe for 1st place but in a different way.  It isn't spicy and is much softer (quinoa and shredded vegetables, especially carrot), served on 2 buckwheat blinis which are moist and delicious.  The toppings and 'bun' far out do Sunflower Cafe; they are flavored just right thanks to the Garlic Pesto sauce. Accompanied by a green balsamic salad.
Tom had extra Apple Blackberry Pie
 I took this as an opportunity to fire up my pie taste buds for thanksgiving.  I've never really made pies and think I might take up the skill this year.  He said he used too much flour so the crust came out bad, but I really really liked it. It was more dense and tasted more like a scone than the buttery flaky crusts you get with store bought pies. I am definitely going to try to get this quality in my own.
Left over chicken except with Hummus and Brown Rice
 I shifted the meal over from the Middle East to more Mediterranean for lunch and it was just as good if not better than for dinner! A tangy lemon garlic onion flavor combo for the day. See ingredients from dinner.
Banana Apple Cinnamon Muesli 
Cinnamon and apple for days!
-My Muesli Mix of Oats, Oat Bran, Shredded Wheat, HazelNuts, Cranberries, Almonds
-SoyMilk, Yogurt, Lemon, Honey
-Shredded Apple, Banana and Cinnamon
My Plate
Inside the Tagine!
All Three Together
This meal was quite epic. I used my broken in Tagine to make a tangy Chicken-Leek dish, accompanied by Cumin-spiced Sweet Potato fries, and a Lemon Garlic Salad.  The tagine and fresh ground spices make all the differences. So tender and so much flavor! I was just missing olives/apricots
-Chicken thighs, leeks, olive oil, garlic, sliced almonds, Lemon, cilantro 
-*Star Anise*, Coriander, Carraway Seed, Mustard Seed Spice Mixture
-Sweet Potato frieds sliced and baked with olive oil and Cumin
-Cabbage, Arugula, Avocado, Chives, and Tomato
-Lemon, Olive Oil, Green Onion, Garlic Dressing
Burrito Lefty's + Cooking Club
I was treated to some Butternut Squash Ginger Soup and Arugula Salad thanks to the RHS Cooking Club.  The soup was delicious and I look forward to making it in the future except with no milk/butter (post meal butter-lips is no fun)
-Wheat Tortilla, Brown Rice, Black Beans with Garlic and Onion, Sauteed Broccoli w/ garlic
-Salsa, Cilantro, Avocado, tomato
-Chile Powder, Paprika, Cayenne Pepper Spice Mixture

ReCreated the TRIX Muesli (Orange-Nutmeg Flavor Combo)
-My Muesli Mix of Oats, Oat Bran, Shredded Wheat, HazelNuts, Cranberries, Almonds
-SoyMilk, Yogurt, OJ, Honey
-Blueberries and Nutmeg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...