Saturday, November 27, 2010

Leftovers Are Fun

Leftovers are fun because you get to taste the same awesome food but with little tweaks and additions!
 Pie Slice of the Day #3, Pecan with Soy Vanilla Ice Cream
 Made Turkey Stock Soup Today
Took the giant leftover turkey with what seemed like no meat on it, and made turkey stock out of it, adding a ton of herbs, carrot, and onion.  I ended up gaining enough turkey meat from it to feed another small village!  So for dinner I had turkey soup with carrots, wheat bread, cranberry sauce (I could eat it all day), cucumbers/tomatoes, and I sauteed up some kale with garlic, leeks, onions, thyme, basil, and turkey stock.  It should be required to make turkey broth out of leftovers after Thanksgiving! so resourceful
 The Infamous post Thanksgiving-Turkey Club
This sando had all the goods: turkey, hummus, cranberry, avocado, onion, and tomato. The way things should be.  I also enjoyed a salad with balsamic dressing and some more cranberry sauce (including avocado of course).  I realized I could probably eat bread, hummus, avocado, and cranberry sauce together for days (and probably will). So good!
 I froze over on my rainy mtb ride, so when I got back it was warm licorice tea (I'm addicted to this Good Earth stuff), pecan pie, and a hot bath.
Pumpkin Pie with Banana, Yogurt today! Good breaky combo for sure.

2 comments:

  1. Max - Nicely done! How did the turkey stock work for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it worked great! so much flavor and so useful! plus all the meat I gained that was inaccessible before was delicious as well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...