Sunday, January 9, 2011

Visited Italy, India, Greece over the Weekend

To Italy we go!
 Oven baked Salmon with Garlic, Carrots, and Onion, some of the easy but delicious Sun Dried Tomato Farro (#1 cook like rice, add olive oil and sun dried tomato) , and a Chard-Portobello Mushroom Sauté.  I used a bit of tomato, lemon, and a Wheat Pita as well, just not pictured.
-Salmon, Garlic, Garlic Salt, Onion, Carrots, Lemon
-Rainbow Chard, Portobello. Thyme, Rosemary, Garlic, Lemon, Olive Oil
-Farro, Olive Oil, Sun Dried Tomato,
-Some Basil to mix in as desired
Busted out the Tempeh and Wheat Wrap for lunch, along with some Farmer's Market Basil Pesto and Hummus.  I tried the tinfoil-bamboo steamer method to see if I could get my entire wrap warm and toasty, but it only turned out warm.  I need a drier method of heating I think.
-Wheat Wrap, Tomato, Cucumber, Hummus, Brown Rice, Tempeh
-Mixed Greens, Cucumber, Tomato, Tofu, Olives, Hummus, Almonds, Olive Oil, Rice Wine Vinegar 

These two massive plates (lunch + dinner) were consumed within a 4 hour time period. followed by more hunger a little later. That's what 8000 feet of road bike climbing gets you!
 India Dinner
Stir Fried the Herb Chicken with Fennel and spices to bring it back in a new life, topped with dollops of my Awesome Yogurt sauce, Pita, Rice, and Salad.
-Herb Chicken, Fennel, Fennel Seed Powder, Curry Powder, Olive Oil
-Greek Strained Yogurt, Lemon, Cucumber, Garam Masala, Curry Powder, Cumin
-Brown Rice and Wheat Pita (not pictured)
-Mixed Greens, Cucumber, Avocado
 Welcome to the Mediterranean
If only the weather outside was the same... All the right ingredients, especially Spinach Bolani from the Farmer's Market means I am making my Favorite Med Plate. I guess I didn't have Dolmas, but that's fine with me.
-Meyer Lemon Herb Chicken, Spinach Bolani, Brown Rice
-Salad of Mixed Greens, Cucumber, Tomato
-Olives, Hummus, Lemon
Wasn't going to include this, but it turned out kind of nice and added some variety to my routine so I figured why not.  A cereal bowl and remixed muffin along with my usual herbal tea (Honeybush this time)
-Banana, Soymilk, Almond Butter, Shredded Wheat
-Apple Cranberry Oat Muffin, turned into an Almond Butter Treat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...