Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day Fun Treats at Breakfast Lunch and Dinner!

Flavor To Go Fast is Twitter and Facebook-ified! Make sure to Like on FB and Follow on Twitter!
I threw together some Lentil Soup  to contribute to the dinner the same as always except with Corn and Asparagus.  It made it a lot sweeter which was a nice change and everyone gave me mega compliments for it! Recipe from before. The key ingredients are Fennel Seed Powder, Star Anise, Almonds, and Carrots.  Accompanied by Spring Mix Salad with Balsamic and Olive Oil, some kind of large dark olives that were amazing, and a bit of grilled chicken. Of course it ended up being mixed into the soup...
Tag teamed it up with my mom in the kitchen to make these cookies (you probably could of guessed mine are the alternative looking heart shaped ones) in no time for a V-Day Celebration with my friends, too bad it's not mother's day!  We might of made them in under twenty minutes! #1 Tried out this vegan recipe with almost no tweaks, and it was so easy. Just made them Heart Shaped and:
-almond butter instead of peanut (allergies...)
-maple sugar (no sucanat/plain white sugar)
They were awesome! Basically banana-vanilla-chocolate-almond, so they tasted just like little chewy crunchy Nutella bites! Only healthier. My French friend Sandy brought heart shaped crepes (with special flower extract from France-delicious), so I had to enjoy my cookies wrapped in a crepe (since nutella-banana crepes are the best) and it was the awesome. Don't worry, those were the only two desserts I enjoyed, everything else was too unhealthy (crepes had little eggs and no butter).


Unexpected Stroopwafel!
 My math teacher had extra stroopwafels and offered to give me one! They were homemade and heart shaped. I have some stroopwafel experience given my Dutch father/entire side of the family, but these were fire! Thicker and smoother than store bought, and super butterscotchy.  I thought they were meant to be a double decker edition, but I realized after eating half that it was just two stuck together, and I planned on only eating half b/c it's more dessert than I should be eating, but there was no way I could do that so I went for the whole thing (both).  #2 My real lunch was nearly as good, the super thin sliced cucumbers made for a clean crunchy flavorful taste when combined with hummus, avocado, pastrami turkey, and quality Salsa! And nutty crunchy wheat berries as my grain.
-Stroopwafels
-Wheat Wrap, Diestel Pastrami Turkey
-Wheat Berries, Cucumber, Hummus, Avocado, Salsa
Mint Chocolate Chip Oatmeal
I kept to my word on making this combo, totally worth it.  Not unhealthy as mint chip oatmeal actually would be.  Chocolate from Cacao Nibs, Mint from dried Spearmint, Green from Matcha Powder, and sweetened with Stevia Extract. That's how it's done! #3 It was just a tad minty since I made the oats over night style, the mint needs to be heated to truly unleash its power. It was still good enough though, with an epic bittersweet chocolatey creamy green tea flavor! I need to use some spearmint extract or actually cook my oatmeal. Also added in my cranberries the night before and they 'undried' so weren't quite as chewy. Could add more in the morning to get both textures. Hazelnuts might of also given a little more nutty bite, where as Pecans go better with more creamy combos.
-60g oats, 200g soymilk, 1 teaspoon matcha powder, 1/2 teaspoon spearmint
-Blueberries, Raspberries, Blackberries, Cranberries
-Pecans, Cacao Nibs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...