Thursday, March 3, 2011

Med Wrap Supreme, Asian Fusion Fest, Hemp Brownie, Return of Falafel

Highlights from the past two days:
Mediterranean Wrap Supreme
 Making this reminded me of my favorite Chicken Tagine, I really should take the time to make it soon.  A little Japanese influence with a Toasted Brown Rice Onigiri for my rice (it was in the fridge so I figured why not toast it on the stove and use it?). Sort of a remake of Saturday's dinner but a little different. Steaming cabbage for the first time, definitely cooks in the flavor of the spices and leaves just the right amount of crunch! I'm was going for a little cleaner digestion after too much raw food/beans recently.
-Steamed Rosemary Thyme Carrots and Mustard Seed Carraway Seed Red Cabbage
-Grilled Lemon Garlic Thyme Almond Chicken Breast
-Toasted Brown Rice Onigiri
-Avocado, Olives, Tomato, Cucumber
-Hummus, more Lemon, Sea Salt
My Kimbap Rolls
 In the Process
 Japanese Chinese Korean Fusion!
Today was Asian Fusion with the Redwood Cooking Club.  There was Thai Chicken Salad as well but Peanut Sauce = not for me.  This beat Indian Day, which is an impressive feat.  I contributed the Spinach Goma Ae, pleased with a new recipe with 1 tbsp Agave Nectar. Mrs. Schrick brought the lettuce cups, which tasted delicious with a nice oil free blend of crunchy vegetables, chicken, and spices, topped with sweet Hoisin Sauce and Sushi Ginger. Healthiest and best Chinese food I've tasted! I brought a brown rice Oni Giri to supplement. Making sushi was awesome, it was technically Korean Kimbap, basically sushi with egg and beef. I made mine with cucumber, carrot, avocado, egg, and daikon root. It went nicely with some spinach goma ae for the soy sauce/sesame factor, and some sushi ginger of course.
-Brown Rice Onigiri w/ Nori wrap
-Lettuce Cup w/ Minced Chicken/Veggie filling, Hoisin Sauce, Sushi Ginger
-Spinach Goma Ae (boiled spinach, toasted ground sesame, soy sauce, agave nectar, Sake)
-Korean Kimbap Sushi (nori, sticky rice, cucumber, carrot, avo, egg, daikon root)
 Flower Oat Crunch
Two new additions to my overnight oats repertoire: Orange Flower Water and Crisped Brown Rice.  The flower water is a French and Mediterranean baking ingredient that tastes like, well, orange flowers! Used in scones and drinks and such.  The rice adds a nice crunch, convenient for when I skip adding nuts. They both really worked some magic today. I am stoked with making my overnight oats with water, and then going with a touch of both almond butter and yogurt for my protein. A tasty combo for sure (soy gets old).
-50g oats, 1/2 cup water, 2 tbsp Orange Flower Water
-Strawberries, Blueberries, Crispy Brown Rice
-2 Tbsp Yogurt, Almond Butter
Bobbilicious Part III
 First experience with the Hemp Brownie! I am not much of a brownie person honestly, so my critique/description is limited, but this is definitely a tasty treat! Simply taste like a really high quality brownie, no shortcuts here, even without wheat or dairy.  Yet it doesn't taste like most gluten/dairy free brownies which end up just being overly rich dense fudge.  This one taste like the finest most delicious cacao powder, with nice super healthy little crunchy hemp seeds on top.
Falafel Wednesday Returns
Featuring my best friend Seth. Haven't visited the Lebanese lady at the Town Center Farmer's Market for a while, and am glad I decided to return! She now has some tasty "Spinach Pies" which are actually much healthier than they sound, since the pie aspect is made from on of these same homemade pita things, not some buttery pie crust. They're  sweet too from pomegranate juice! I went with the good old falafel, yogurt sauce (with some zing! super garlic and spices), hummus, and tabouleh lunch combo for a mere $6. All homemade and the best ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...