Saturday, April 2, 2011

Fruit Leather? Tuna Salad for Real, Dosa, Chocolate Cherry Almond Crunch

Best Tuna Salad For Real
I really wanted to make a Filet of Salmon after not getting enough last night but was just too lazy to go down the street after my ride to buy one, so I made this epic tuna salad instead. I think my fourth time, with more variations due to what's available of course.  I can't say anything to do justice for how good it was.  I didn't have the traditional ingredients of celery/cucumber, but it did not matter at all.  Basil was an excellent addition; I've been loving fresh basil so much recently (could eat it plain for days). #2 Olives that I pitted myself were extra bomb as well, they are a little stronger than pitted olives, which are a little stronger (better) than canned-pitted.  Actually seemed like a while getting all these ingredients together, and you could totally skip half of them, but the more the better.  I would get into all the flavors and delicious combos and phenomenons of this meal experience, but it would take too long and still not be worthy. Also, if you haven't ever had Spinach Bolani from the farmer's market (I think some markets have them also) you haven't lived. With hummus. And or epic tuna salad. I also enjoyed it outside in the sun with a nice tall glass of 'Strawberry Lemonade' Iced Tea sweetened with Stevia. Amazing.
-Spring Mix, Tomato
-1 Can Tuna
-Olives, Sun Dried Tomato
-A Purple Carrot
-Cilantro, Basil, Green Onion
-Garlic, Lemon, Olive Oil, Cider Vinegar, Dill, Dried Parsley, Salt and Pepper
-SooFoo Brown Rice and Spinach Bolani
Table Cafe and Some More
I had a craving for Salmon so grabbed a quick Dosa (gluten free buckwheat crepe) from Table Cafe in Larkspur.  Everything they make is delicious, especially dosas! I only wish it had more Salmon and less egg, and because I got it right before closing they couldn't whip one up with just egg whites, but it was pretty good anyway. There Apple Ginger Side goes very well with it.  I supplemented with a salad, hummus, and Spinach Bolani.
-Scrambled Egg, Smoked Salmon, and Green Onion Dosa w/ Apple Ginger Side
-Spinach Bolani and Hummus
-Spring Mix, Basil, Cilantro, Tomato, Cucumber, Olives, Balsamic Vinegar and Olive Oil
Kaia Support
I don't normally eat fruit leather, just never really got into it, but this could change things! There's actually substantially more fruit leather in this little package than you would expect, especially for a measily 30 calories.  The texture is thinner and almost crunchy rather than the chewy version most brands offer, more like hard candy.  Basically an epic yummy semi-chewy lime ginger treat! Definitely a solid thing to snack on when your just a little bit hungry, trying to hold over until a meal, or just want something sweet but not sinful. It reminded me a lot of a tasty ginger-spiced cookie.
Chocolate Cherry Almond Parfait in Disguise
Couldn't choose between these two shots of what looks like Blueberry-Blueberry Almond Granola Parfait but really isn't! I just happened to use fresh blueberries and my blueberry yogurt, but actually focused on cherry chocolate almond flavor and it worked great.  Blueberry was just a nice undertone. #3 Cacao Nibs are essential!
-Vanilla Almond Galaxy Granola
-Homemade Blueberry YOgurt
-Sliced Raw Almonds
-Dried Bing Cherries
-Cacao Nibs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...