Wednesday, July 20, 2011

4th of July?

I know i'm behind but i'm about to catch up! 4th of july = must bbq. Turkey Burgers, Bacon (not for me), watermelon, and salad for everyone.
  • Turkey Burger
  • Garbanzo Balsamic Salad w/ Artichoke Hearts
  • Garbanzo Cucumber Mint Salad
  • Annie's Goddess Dressing
  • Avocado
  • Brown Rice
  • TJ's Everyday Seasoning
I enjoyed part of the festive treats but also a bunch of leftovers. The Goddess Dressing goes perfect on sandwiches, just like in Ashland. A little Fresh Lemon pepper and seasoning on everything!
     Officially one of my favorite meals. I wanted some greek yogurt AND tahini topping for my sweet potato so I went half-half. Both epic individually as well as mixed together! The TJ's Tahini sauce was better suited to the chicken/kale because it adds more flavor.  I topped everything with resh grated lemon pepper for some kick. Everything in this meal tastes amazing, makes you feel amazing, and is amazing for you! And is easy to make! And the leftovers...
    • Chicken Breast Baked (Olive Oil, TJ's Gyoza Sauce, Basil, Pepper)
    • Kale Sauté (Olive Oil, Garlic Powder, S&P)
    • Baked Sweet Potato
    • Nonfat GReek Yogurt/TJ's Tahini Sauce/Tahini 
    • Lemon Pepper
    I'm stoked on this simple yet unconventional breakfast.  A rest day calls for more protein and I get to eat yogurt since I usually avoid it before training due to it's mucous forming properties.
    Adding a ton of cinnamon to nonfat greek yogurt is delicious, just as it is to Almond Butter with a hint of Sea Salt. Both also go well with blueberries and sweet potatoes, so combine all of the above and vuoala!
    • Nonfat Greek Yogurt
    • Sweet Potato
    • Blueberries
    • Almond Butter
    • Cinnamon/Sea Salt
    Tastes like plenty of cinnamon and creamy sweet nutty goodness all blended together. I'm toying with the idea/looking into a more paleo-oriented diet (mostly just vegetables/nuts/meat) and this fits the bill perfectly!

    And i'll leave you with a leftovers lunch:
    Kale and garbanzo beans to make the world go round with the epic Tahini-Nutritional Yeast combo. I also finally got some Coconut Butter melting onto my Sweet Potato and it is amazing.  Tomato is a must include in this plate.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...