Thursday, September 1, 2011

Resource Rhythm

I'm trying to use up all my nuts/grains, and also wanted a good carb source to have on hand so tried whipping up another batch of Gluten-Free Quick Bread! So easy and tasty. Epic with Hummus or Baba Ghanoush. I love being resourceful, not buying ingredients, and keeping things tasty!
 This time I went beyond S&P for flavor and added a bunch of Bragg's 24 Herb Mix. I also used a mashed date instead of applesauce, 5g of agave nectar instead of sucanat, and my homemade extra thick almond milk. It came out super flavorful, savory but a tad sweet with nice crunchiness and occasional date treats!
 Since I used up the almond milk and almond butter I made, it was time to move on to my next nut sources. I did Brazil Nut Milk w/ contents of 1 Vanilla Bean Pod and then Hazelnut Butter! Wow. They rule. Especially in a delicious bowl of overnight oats:
  • 1/4c Oats
  • 1 Scoop Vanilla Plant Protein
  • Cherries
  • Dried Cherries and Cranberries
  • Cacao Nibs
  • Chia Seeds
  • Shredded Coconut
  • Brazil Nut Milk
  • Hazelnut Butter and Cinnamon to top
So creamy and nutty with oodles of berries/cherries and the cinnamon and cacao nibs match up perfectly.
 Another Sashimi Salad, this time with a little Wakame Salad, Avocado, and Albacore Tuna. Mmm I don't ever want to lose access to quality cheap sushi grade fish.

3 comments:

  1. Looks awesome! I need to get me some Chia seeds. Although the next thing I'm going to try to make myself is hummus. Gotta track down some straight-up sunflower seeds for the tahini first!

    -AM

    ReplyDelete
  2. i definitely want to try out this gluten free quick bread. wow your blog is fantastic!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to try making my own hummus too especially b/c I just found a chickpea-free version!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...