Bam: First Fall Breakfast!I have been into using the frozen Acai Smoothie Packs from my freezer and they've been making some epic bowls. This one went:
- Hazelnut Butter and Macadamia Nuts
- Pumpkin Pie Spices (Ginger, Nutmeg, Cinnamon,
- Vanilla Protein Powder
- Pumpkin (maybe 1/4c)
- 1T Chia Seeds
- 2 Scoops Vanilla Whey
- 2-3T Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- Pumpkin Pie Spices
- Topped with a bunch of Melty Coconut Butter
regular combo), although definitely something to be in the mood for since my regular mix is so tasty already. I might try way more pumpkin next time.
*On a side note hard boiled egg yolks mix into the pumpkin quite well for a pleasant creamy taste (I definitely mixed some hard boiled eggs into my pumpkin breakfast bowls a couple of times).
Here's another meal replacement/recovery smoothie party I had:
- Frozen Banana + Blueberries
- Vanilla Whey Protein
- Macadamia Nuts
- Ginger Juice/Ginger Powder
- a Persimmon, Macadamias, Coconut Flakes, Cacao Nibs, and a Coconut Chocolate Chip Macaroon mixed in
Now I just have to step it up and actually bake with pumpkin and persimmon instead of being lazy and eating them in quickie breakfast bowls/smoothies! Stay tuned...