Sunday, June 26, 2011

Waffle Wednesday, Fish.

OK I've been SO behind with the beginnings of summer. I'm more busy than with school! I am going to have to hit some consistent but smaller posts otherwise i'll never catch up. Here we go:

Waffle Wednesday! New and improved.
Before Topping
 My adapted power pancake recipe worked perfectly for the batter. Just enough for 1.5 waffles, perfect for 1 breakfast.
  •  1T Coconut Flour
  •  4T Buckwheat Flour (coffee grinder)
  •  1/2t Baking Powder
  •  Some Agave Nectar or Stevia (maybe 1/2t?)
  •  1/2t Vanilla Extract 
  •  1/3c milk of choice (I used coconut)
  •  1t Cinnamon
  •  1 Egg White
The waffles are great on their own but I topped with:
  • Strawberry, Raspberry, Blueberries
  • Nonfat Greek Yogurt
  • Coconut Yogurt
  • Maple Syrup
Remember my Greek Yogurt kick? Well this is part II. It is just like whipped cream on waffles. So good. I tried Coconut yogurt as well which was not as creamy but almost as good. Depends on the mood/what your into.
Last Supper: Fish.
I went to one of my favorite restaurants Fish (been on this blog many times) with my mom before heading to Oregon for the weekend.  I usually get Ceviche or the White Bean and Tuna Salad but tried their Sturgeon over a bed of salad, and split some sides of Sautéed Green Beans and Radish as well as Zucchini, Root Vegetables, and Leeks. Tons of Olive Oil and Lemon for the win. The sides at fish are always changing seasonally and I often enjoy them even more than the mains! I also officially like sturgeon. It was kind of like the grilled chicken of fish. Solid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...